It is good to be the Captain!
Here are some tips on how to be a Cruise Captain:
- Tell the Vice Commodore of Cruising you want to volunteer for a Cruise! firstname.lastname@example.org
- The VC of Cruising will help you plan your event, set a time to meet with them.
- Come up with dates, locations, marinas or anchorages, any socials and max boat & head count for the event.
- Decide if any socials will be BOYB or if NSA will provide beverages.
- Decide if any socials will be dinner out, pot luck or other.
- Come up with bad weather plan... ya know...plan B.
- Decide if you need more members to help setup some of the events (sub-committee)
Decide on what VHF Channel to communicate during the trip. ex: VHF 68
- Members can help set up tables, games, bring coolers, and help decorate.
The club storage shed has coolers, banners and some paper products available. Get the entry and lock code from the VC of Cruising.
- When members start registering, you will be able to get a spreadsheet from the VC of Communications.
- You can get separate spreadsheets made for dock slips, social only, anchoring out, restaurant headcount, etc.
- You can send this to any Marinas or Restaurants for a headcount.
- Announcement of your event to all members goes out 60, 30, and 15 days from event.
- Reminders for those registered go out 30, 15, and 10 days from the event.
Important! You are not alone, reach out to any of the Bridge members for help!